Sustainable Air Mobility
Humanity has long dreamed of flying in their daily lives. This dream has more merits than being a fantasy. Billions of people are losing valuable time sitting in the traffic and as the cities grow bigger and buildings get higher our 2D transportation infrastructure will not be able to carry this added weight on its shoulders.
We need to turn the transportation into 3D and the cheapest, fastest and coolest way to do this is through flying vehicles. Now thanks to the advancement of electric powertrains and battery technologies, this dream is closer than it looks.
AirCar’s mission is bringing skies to people’s daily lives by making flying taxis affordable and accessible to all. We design our vehicles to be mass manufactured like a car rather than an aircraft while making it one of the safest and most reliable flying vehicles.
VTOLs (Vertical Take-off and Landing Vehicles) with Internal Combustion Engines were not able to bring flying to our daily lives. times is ripe for electrification in aviation because of 5 major reasons;
1. Cost: Helicopters are expensive to buy, expensive to fly, and require immense amounts of maintenance. Electric Motors are far less complex than ICE counterparts, making them more affordable and durable. Also running on pure electricity it is cheaper and cleaner to run. Another advantage of Electric Motors are they are autonomous flight ready thanks to their precision.
2. Noise: Helicopters are not suitable for constant use in the city due to their very high sound. Electric VTOLs sound less than a Harley Davidson motorcycle which makes them eligible to use constantly in the city.
3. Practicality: Helicopters are not suitable for starting their engines multiple times throughout the day while electric motors can take off immediately.
4. Safety: eVTOLs can have much more redundancy in comparison to helicopters; due to distributed propulsion systems.
5. Technology: Around 2015, lithium ion batteries reached 230 kw/h capacity. It enables eVTOL's to use enough energy to fly for at 30 minutes.New onboard GPU based hardwares and machine vision algorithms advancements enabled us that we can introduce fully autonomous flights. Further developments on controllers, inverters, composites and DC electric motors also emerged as technology enablers. Combining these all technological advancements, it become possible for us to develop and eVTOL that safe, scalable and economic.
2022: AirCar full prototype & Certifying AirCar logistics drone
2023: Launch autonomous commercial air logistics operations
2024:Certification process for AirCar passenger aircraft with FAA & EASA
2025: Launch commercial passenger transportation in cities
2026+:Scale commercial passenger transportation with autonomous systems
Certifying AirCar logistics aircraft
Launch autonomous commercial air logistics operations
Certifying AirCar passenger aircraft with FAA & EASA
Launch commercial passenger transportation in cities
Scale commercial passenger transportation with autonomous systems